Immacolata’s annual Mary McDermott Basketball Tournament continues this year with the two fold purpose of raising funds to ensure quality, state of the art health care for kids at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital and honoring the memory of Mary McDermott. Mary loved Immacolata, sports and SSM Health Cardinal Glennon where she received exceptional care from birth. When Mary passed away suddenly in 2008, parishioners at Immacolata wanted to honor Mary’s life and created a tournament for third grade girls and boys. Now in its eighth year, this event gives many of these kids their first opportunity to play basketball together on a team. The tournament has raised $262,000 for the hospital to support the region’s only pediatric hybrid cardiac catheterization suite. The Immacolata community’s support for this event continues to give countless kids the opportunity to get back in the game of life.
Tournament Dates: December 28, 29 and 30, 2017
Church of The Immacolata Gymnasium
(The Mattingly Center) located at 8900 Clayton
Road in Richmond Heights
Games begin at 11 am on Thursday, Dec. 28
- Great food supplied by David Hanon of HMG Culinary Services and expertly prepared by our “Immacolata Grill Team” along with an expanded concession stand of interest to all ages.
- Follow us on twitter @MMCDHoops
If you would like to contribute to this worthwhile cause but cannot attend in person you can send gifts to:
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation
3800 Park Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
Please make checks payable to: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation and place Mary McDermott in the memo line.
For more information please contact the Tournament Director, Steve Mattingly at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Cardinal Glennon Children's Foundation at 314-577-5605.
There will be a silent auction featuring several one-of-a-kind sports memorabilia items. All items will be on-site during the tournament.
The online auction opens on Tuesday, December 26. Visit http://MMcDHoops.gesture.com or text MMcDHoops to 52182.
- An official Cardinals' jersey signed by Dexter Fowler.
- An official St. Louis Blues' sweater signed by Vladimir Tarasenko.
- An official game-used stock signed by Alexander Steen, plus four tickets to the 3/21/18 game (Bruins).
- A United States Women's National Team shirt signed by team captain and St. Louisan, Becky Sauerbrunn.
- Four tickets for the 2018 Notre Dame home football game vs Ball State (9/8/18).
- A Manchester City shirt signed by members of the current EPL team.
- A suite for 25 at a Billiken home basketball game during the 2017-18 season. (Mutually agreeable date - food and drink not included.)
- An official Barcelona shirt signed by the most famous #10 in the world, Lionel Messi.
- A luxury 3 bedroom penthouse in Playa del Carmen, Mexico with private swimming pool and ocean views (available for one week during 5/1/18 thru 12/14/18)