Immacolata’s annual Mary McDermott Basketball Tournament continues this year with the two fold purpose of raising funds to ensure quality, state of the art health care for kids at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital and honoring the memory of Mary McDermott. Mary loved Immacolata, sports and SSM Health Cardinal Glennon where she received exceptional care from birth. When Mary passed away suddenly in 2008, parishioners at Immacolata wanted to honor Mary’s life and created a tournament for third grade girls and boys. Now in its tenth year, this event gives many of these kids their first opportunity to play basketball together on a team. The tournament has raised $384,000 for Cardinal Glennon to support the region’s only pediatric hybrid cardiac catheterization suite. The Immacolata community’s support for this event continues to give countless kids the opportunity to get back in the game of life.
- Tournament Dates: December 27, 28 and 29, 2018
- Church of The Immacolata Gymnasium
- (The Mattingly Center) located at 8900 Clayton Road in Richmond Heights
- Games begin at 11 am on Thursday, Dec. 27
- Great food supplied by David Hanon of HMG Culinary Services and expertly prepared by our “Immacolata Grill Team” along with an expanded concession stand of interest to all ages.
- Follow us on Twitter @MMcDHoops
- If you would like to contribute to this worthwhile cause but cannot attend in person you can send gifts to...
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation
3800 Park Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
Please make checks payable to: SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation
and place “Mary McDermott” in the memo line.
- For more information please contact the Tournament Director, Steve Mattingly at: email@example.com or the Foundation office at 314-577-5605.
- There will be a Silent Auction featuring some tremendously unique items (all items will be on-site during the tournament)
- 1. An official United States National team shirt signed by Borussia Dortmund star, Christian Pulisic.
- 2. An official St. Louis Blues' sweater signed by Vladimir Tarasenko plus 4 tickets to the Jan. 8 Dallas game and 4 Club Seats to the March 23 Tampa game.
- 3. An official Flagstick Flag from The Masters signed by 2015 winner Jordan Spieth.
- 4. A graphic portrait of Mia Hamm signed by the legendary star of the United States Women's National Team.
- 5. A 40 person Cardinals' Suite (all inclusive) for Friday, April 19, 2019 against the New York Mets.
- 6. An official St. Louis Rams' uniform signed by Isaac Bruce.
- 7. Four "Loyal Blue" seats plus dinner at Lorenzini's prior to the game for any St. Louis University men's basketball game during the 2018-2019 season.
- 8. Four tickets for the 2019 Notre Dame home football game vs Virginia Tech (11/2/19)
- 9. An official Bayern Munich shirt signed by Germany's 2014 World Cup winner, Thomas Muller.
The on-line auction opens on 12/10/18. Visit MMcDHoops.givesmart.com or text MMcDHoops to 52182.