Community Fundraiser(s) is/are defined as an organization, group or individual raising funds or collecting goods to donate to SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital or any of its related entities. Funds can be raised in a variety of ways, including but not limited to, online fundraising pages or by collecting cash and checks. If you would like to donate items to our patients or their parents, click HERE to see the list of acceptable items.
The Children’s Fund at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon is used to support the greatest need of the hospital at any given time. Please review the below guidelines before starting your fundraiser. You can also download a PDF of them HERE.
1. All community fundraisers benefiting SSM Health Cardinal Glennon should always compliment the mission, vision and values of this hospital. Please keep in mind that we are a faith-based children’s hospital and all efforts to support Cardinal Glennon kids should be done in good taste. We reserve the right to opt-out as a beneficiary of any community fundraiser, at any time, with no obligation.
2. Unless otherwise negotiated, SSM Health Cardinal Glennon will not be involved in any community fundraiser as anything other than a beneficiary. The hospital cannot be referred to as a sponsor or host of any community fundraiser.
3. All community fundraiser promotional materials must clearly state what the fundraiser benefits. For example: If the funds are to be designated to a specific purpose (Heart Center, Oncology etc.) or if only a percentage of the funds benefit SSM Health Cardinal Glennon (50% of proceeds benefit SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital), that must be clearly stated on all promotional materials.
4. All community fundraiser promotional materials containing the name and/or logo of SSM Health Cardinal Glennon must be submitted to email@example.com for approval. Promotional materials may not be distributed to the public before written approval is received.
5. SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation does not issue IRS-compliant tax-receipts or matching gift approvals for cash, check or in-kind donations received via a community fundraiser. However, a non-receipt thank you letter will be sent to donors who provide their contact information (first name, last name and home address).
6. If the media (such as TV, radio or newspaper) is expected to cover or publicize your community fundraiser, you must notify the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Media coverage and requests cannot be made by SSM Health Cardinal Glennon on behalf of your fundraiser.
7. All community fundraisers must comply with all federal, state and local laws. All necessary permits, licenses, certificates and/or applications required by city ordinances or otherwise are the responsibility of your community fundraiser.
8. SSM Health Cardinal Glennon, or any of its related entities, cannot assume any type of liability for events surrounding your community fundraiser. We reserve the right to opt-out as a beneficiary of any community fundraiser, at any time, with no obligation.