Donor Bill of Rights
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors have full confidence in the not-for-profit, such as SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital, they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the mission to SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital; of the way the hospital intends to use donated resources; and of its capacity to use contributions effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of individuals serving on the governing body of SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital, and to expect such body to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the most recent financial statements of SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital.
- To be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate and timely acknowledgment of recognition of your gift.
- To be assured that information about your donations is handled with respect and confidentiality in accordance with your wishes to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for your name to be deleted from our mailing list. To know that SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital will never sell, give or trade your name to another organization.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.