Glennon Legacy Society
To celebrate the generosity of donors who make our mission to reveal God’s healing presence a reality, SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation offers the Glennon Legacy Society.
In reality, many of us never get around to it. Most estimates show that half of all Americans die without a will, and that means the state in which you live will dictate how your assets and properties are distributed.
The Glennon Legacy Society recognizes bequests of any amount.
This popular method of giving enables you to support SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation in ways that may not be possible through lifetime gifts. Giving through your estate plan generates a charitable estate-tax deduction and may result in substantial tax savings. More importantly, a gift after your lifetime enables you to satisfy your charitable wishes which may not have been possible during your lifetime.
Distributing your assets after your lifetime is called estate settlement. Estate planning helps you decide in advance how you want to plan your legacy.
Examples of assets that can be given:
- Bank or brokerage accounts
- Real estate
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan and IRA assets
- Personal property
These assets can be given through beneficiary designations, wills and/or trusts. Perhaps a better term for estate planning is life planning or in-case-of-emergency planning. When you do not plan your estate, you are taking a risk by not having your paperwork in order.
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation reminds you to take the first step in planning your estate by creating or updating your will and trust. These are the most important legal documents you can own, and with the help of a good estate planning attorney, it may be easier to set up than you think. Contact your estate planning attorney for more information about your will/trust.
You need only a few sentences in your will to make the ultimate gift. If you’re interested in adding SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation to your will, the official bequest language is:
“I, [name], of [city, state, ZIP], give, devise and bequeath to SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation [written amount or percentage of the estate or description of property] for its unrestricted use and purpose.”
Our tax ID#: 43-1754347
For your legal documents, please note our official name and mailing address is:
SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Foundation
3800 Park Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
Why do you need a will?
Because it allows you to:
- Direct the division of your property the way you choose—not the way the state decides
- Make special financial arrangements for your family members who are minors, disabled or unfamiliar with money management
- Name a guardian for your minor children
- Select an executor (personal representative) who is well-qualified to settle your estate promptly and economically with careful attention to your wishes
- Provide vital support for your favorite charitable institutions
- Devise an estate plan, with the help of a qualified attorney and other advisors, to minimize the taxes on your estate
If you leave this world without a last will and testament, your assets will be distributed according to state law and your wishes may not be fulfilled. Likewise, when a change occurs in your life, be sure to update your will/trust appropriate to your intentions.
Members of the Glennon Legacy Society enjoy the following courtesies:
- Invitations to donor appreciation events
- Monthly newsletter
- Special recognition on the Glennon Society Legacy Wall located within the hospital