2019 Glennon Card Sales Begin in September
What is the Glennon Card? The GLENNON CARD is a unique discount shopping program of the SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Foundation and the Glennon Guild, a 350 member women's organization serving the children cared for by SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children's Hospital. With the help of the entire St. Louis community, in 2018 we sold 4,000 Glennon Cards and raised $230,000 through card sales and generous sponsor support.
Here's How the Glennon Card Works:
An individual purchases a Glennon Card for $50 which entitles the cardholder to a 20% discount on regularly priced merchandise at more than 320 participating stores, salons and restaurants for the 10-day shopping period of October 18-27. 100% of card sales benefit the kids cared for by SSM Health Cardinal Glennon.
The 'card' is on the back of an easy-to-use business directory providing a detailed list of all the program participants including a description, their location, and type of store or restaurant. With so many fabulous businesses, it's easy to recoup the $50 cost of the card.
What does the Glennon Card fund?
Since 2011, the Guild Volunteers of the Glennon Card Team have raised more than $1.47 million. We are grateful to so many supportive sponsors, businesses and card buyers. In eight years of the program proceeds from the Glennon Card benefiting SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital have funded:
- Telemedicine equipment
- Treatment programs for children with autism spectrum disorders
- Equipment for the Transport Team
- Lifesaving ECMO heart and lung monitoring equipment
- Enhanced waiting, atrium and lobby areas
- Advanced procedural and surgical scopes for patients undergoing general surgery, ear, nose and throat procedures, urological interventions, orthopedic surgeries or pulmonary procedures
- New space for the Knights of Columbus Developmental Center
- A new GE Logiq E9 ultrasound machine
- Remodeling of our inpatient cancer unit including larger patient rooms, sleeper sofas and a playroom
- A 3-D Printing Center of Excellence
- Reach Out and Read
Your Glennon Card purchase helps sick and injured children get healthy again!