The Sun Run 5k and 1-mile fun run supports the world-class pediatric health care provided every day at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital. We care for more than 200,000 children each year, regardless of their family’s ability to pay.
Proceeds from the Sun Run benefit the Children’s Fund at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon. This unrestricted support allows us to invest in new or enhanced programs, update our facilities, create child-friendly and family-centered spaces and so much more. In the last three years, unrestricted support has benefited our Imaging Center, Inpatient Cancer Unit, the Dorothy and Larry Dallas Heart Center and the launch of our Music Therapy Program.
Whether you are an experienced runner, a beginning runner or a family – we have your cure for fitness this fall. Starting and finishing at Ballpark Village, the 5k run features chip-timing from Fleet Feet Sports and the 1 mile fun run offers a casual walk. Every run / walk registrant will receive the official *Sun Run t-shirt.
*Sizes are not guaranteed for registrations after September 9.
Sun Run Sponsorships are available as well, click here for the opportunity packet.
Runner’s Village is expanding this year! Meet us in Lot C of Ballpark Village for family-friendly activities! We’ll have pre- and post-race entertainment thru Utopia Entertainment, the Bubble Bus, a photo booth, face painters and Juggling Jeff (who’s even going to stilt-walk the 1-mile route)! The fun continues after the race with carnival games and mini tennis courts along with appearances by St. Louis’ beloved mascots, Louie, Fredbird® and Rally Squirrel. Refreshments will be provided by Heartland Coca-Cola, McAlister’s, Fit Flavors, Companion, Sodexo and Prairie Farms.
Thank you in advance for your consideration and support in making the Sun Run a big win for Cardinal Glennon kids!
Things to Know Leading Up to Race Day:
$25 before July 6
- $30 from July 6-September 9
- $35 after September 9
- Virtual Runner - FREE (fundraise without running)
- 7:30 am – Day of Registration and Packet Pick-Up opens
- 8:30 am – Pre-Race Announcements, Opening Remarks and Pre-Race Warm-Up on Walnut
- 9 am – 5k and 1 Mile Fun Run Begins
- 10:15 am – Patient Recognition and Awards Ceremony in Runner’s Village
•We have partnered with InterPark this year to offer $6 race day parking at Stadium West Garage located at 215 South Eighth Street, St. Louis, MO 63102. Pre-purchase your parking pass today to park steps away from Runner’s Village! Once parked in Stadium West, please follow 8th Street to Walnut where you’ll see the starting line. If you need to pick up your packet or register, take the pedestrian path into Lot C.
- Sun Run t-shirt (sizes not guaranteed after September 9)
- Signature Blue Sunglasses
- Access to our fundraising platform
- Runner’s Village amenities mentioned above
- Complimentary beverages provided by Heartland Coca-Cola
- Complimentary post-race food
- NEW THIS YEAR: mid-calf socks
•Packet Pick-Up will be available at Fleet Feet Des Peres:
- Friday, September 28 from 3 – 8 pm
- Saturday, September 29 from 10 am – 5 pm
•Race Day Road Closures:
- The following downtown ramps will be temporarily closed on race day at 8 a.m. to ensure the safety of our participants. Please plan accordingly:
- Eastbound 1-44 ramp to Washington Avenue/Eads Bridge
- Eastbound 1-44 ramp to Walnut
- Westbound 1-64 ramp to Walnut
- Westbound 1-44 ramp to Martin Luther King bridge/Laclede’s Landing