for supporting Cardinal Glennon kids!
What is the Sun Run?
Thank you for supporting the Sun Run!
2019 Sun Run Video
The Sun Run 5k and 1-mile walk supports the world-class pediatric health care provided every day at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital. We serve more than 200,000 children each year, regardless of their family’s ability to pay. The Sun Run welcomes runners of all ages, walkers and families to come out and enjoy beautiful Forest Park in the heart of our city.
Thank you in advance for your consideration and support in making the Sun Run a big win for Cardinal Glennon kids!
Things to Know Leading Up to Race Day
Located in the Upper Muny Parking Lot in Forest Park
Click here for a map. Street parking is available in Forest Park.
This year at the Sun Run, we will have the following entertainment/activities inside Runners Village:
- Bubble Bus
- Juggling Jeff from
- Selfie Events photo booth
- Live DJ from Utopia Entertainment
- Face painters post-race
- Balloon artists post-race
- Enchanted Events bringing 3 characters
- Family and kid-friendly games
- Beverages from Heartland Coca-Cola and Four Hands
- Food from Companion, Sodexo, Prairie Farms, Scoops & More, Dewey’s and McAlister’s Deli
- $25 until July 7
- $30 from July 8-September 15
- $35 after September 16
- Sun Run t-shirt (sizes not guaranteed after September 15)
- Access to our fundraising platform
- Runner’s Village amenities, including a photo booth, Bubble Bus, family-friendly activities and pre- and post-race entertainment
- Complimentary beverages provided by Heartland Coca-Cola
- Complimentary post-race food
- Thursday, October 3 from 11 am - 4 pm at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon Children’s Hospital – First Floor Atrium (this date is only available to SSM Health employees)
- Friday, October 4 from 10 am - 8 pm at Fleet Feet Des Peres
- Saturday, October 5 from 7:30 am - 9 am in Runner’s Village at Forest Park
- 7:30 am – Day of Registration & Packet Pick-Up opens
- 8:40 am – Pre-Race Warm-Up & Opening Remarks
- 9 am – 5k & 1-Mile Walk begins
- Post-Race – Awards Ceremony & Patient Recognition