All proceeds support The Danis Pediatric Center at SSM Health Cardinal Glennon.
Thanks to past support from Glennon Gallop, the following was achieved in 2019:
Children turned away
Families received food
Referrals for mental health
Social work consults provided
Well-baby visits made in Danis Pediatrics
Referrals made to specialty physicians
Well-child visits, ages 1-18
Vaccines given, including flu shots
Total visits made
About The Danis Pediatric Center:
At The Danis Pediatric Center, nationally-acclaimed doctors and nurses provide innovative, quality pediatric services to some of our region’s most vulnerable children. The families who come to Danis Pediatrics represent a wide diversity of economic, race, gender, ethnic and cultural backgrounds. Nearly 20 languages are spoken by our families, including sign language. In addition, children up to age 21 come for a variety of reasons, from well-baby visits to ongoing primary care, to the management of multiple, complex conditions. Some families travel up to two hours to receive primary pediatric care by our expert physicians.
Many socioeconomic factors have increased the demand for the services of Danis Pediatrics by more than 200% in the last ten years. Each year, more than 22,000 visits take place in a space originally designed to accommodate 10,000 visits per year. To meet this growing demand, Danis Pediatrics has added programs, services and staff – and even added a second location to handle another 6,000 visits per year – to provide high-quality services to all children in need.
The Danis Pediatric Center’s programs are based on a model of preventive care that addresses numerous social determinants of health, such as poverty, food insecurity, mental health and language barriers. Complementary services offered at The Danis Pediatric Center include:
- Bridge4STL: This program was developed to build a partnership between pediatricians, obstetricians and social workers to create a supportive safety net for at-risk parents.
- FACES International Adoption and Refugee Clinic: Addresses the complex medical, emotional and psychosocial needs of internationally-adopted, immigrant and refugee children living in the St. Louis area.
- Parenting Services: Using multiple evidence-based interventions, parents and caregivers develop skills to manage their children’s behavioral issues, decrease stress and improve family function.
- Fostering Healthy Children: Seeks to improve the health and well-being of children in foster care through comprehensive, coordinated care.
- PHASE (Promoting Health and Social Equity): Links families with needs specific to social determinants of health to appropriate resources through personalized follow-up.
Thank Our Sponsors
T. Danis Charitable Trust
The Jerry & Judy Kent
Christi & Billy Busch
Molly & Doug Sansone
Dr. Tim Staed
Patty & Perky von Gontard
Dane & Carter Brooksher
Rachel & Matt Broom
The Bruns Family
The Ashley & Matthew Carr Family
Kelley & Matt Danis
Family of Dr. Richard K. Danis
Mr. & Mrs. Thomas P. Danis, Jr.
Lee & Gene Deutsch
Judy & Ken Dude
Lotta & Jeff Fox
Marga & Mark Fronmuller
Dr. Susan Heaney & Dr. Robert Heaney
Jenny & Gregg Hosch
Charles & Leslie Nicolais
Mary & John Peter
Nancy & Gary Pohrer
Peggy & Jerry Ritter
Marsha & Al Rheinnecker
The Whalen Family
Cathryn & Robert Wilmott